Ok, ta for the japes everybody - the truth is (wait for it...) the truth is that it's inscibed on the door of a commercial premises in the lovely village of Bowes at the Eastern end of Stainmore Pass on the beautiful A66. An odd thing to draw on your door...
I am a retired NHS Personnel person. All I do nowadays is walk about.I used to have my pet dog Bruno with me, (in the front page pic). he was Superdawg but he died. Then my new dog Lucky The Dog who also died and now I have Ringo the daft Border Collie.
A look at Kirton in Lindsey
-
I took a few photo's as I was wandering around Kirton yesterday. I had a
couple of hours to fill until the Exhibition closed and I could pick up my
pictu...
High Rigg Two Times
-
Two walks from the end of June and the beginning of July, a fortnight
apart. Or rather, a single route walked twice. The route is simple to
describe: park ...
Wall to wall walking
-
Wall to wall walking. October 2nd
This is a new walk for me although it is in familiar territory. Starting
and finishing in the village of Wall it is co...
Braeriach again, and back to the source
-
Absolute delight. I let out a wordless exclamation from the sheer joy of
the moment. It hadn’t started that way. Morning at Corrour Bothy was windy
and dre...
Carnival season is here
-
When you think of Carnival you may conjure up images in your mind of
Notting Hill or perhaps Rio de Janeiro. Would you though think of Somerset?
fresh
-
Guess who got a ride to a Farmers Market last week! So happy.
I'm lucky in that I can get most of my groceries delivered from WalMart,
but one thing I r...
Thursday 4 June - Carn Mor (NJ 265 183; 804m)
-
*Start Point: *The Lecht Ski Centre car park
*Distance and Ascent: *13.3km, 420m
*Weather: *Sunny intervals with one (very cold!) shower
I'd thought that C...
Quencha MH500 walking boots.
-
*May 19th 2026.*
We have been in North Wales for 2 weeks and just like the rest of the UK
the weather has been unusually cold and wet for May. Must be t...
Can a camping pillow make you happy?
-
Time to swap that jacket stuffed dry bag for an actual camping pillow?
The post Can a camping pillow make you happy? first appeared on Fi Darby.
Beyond the Road:
-
*Recollections From a European Cycle Tour.*
*Part One: *
A week ago, I boarded the overnight ferry from Saint-Malo to Portsmouth.
This marked the...
Cateran Trail..what a gem
-
Day 1 Blairgowrie to Kirkmichael 24.5 km 523m ascent Day started dry but
with light rain coming in & staying for most of the day, so donned the
waterproofs...
2019 in Review
-
April 2019 saw us celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary, so we hired
a campervan to have an adventure in Scotland. We spent a lovely few days on
a wh...
Happy New Year 2019 / 20
-
Well hello from my local village green in between Christmas and New Year.
I'm still active on here although only just and wondering how many other
peopl...
Borrowdale
-
A few photos from a couple of days camping in Borrowdale. Many thanks to
Mike for all his help.
Over the last few months my Parkinson's condition has worsen...
Kungsleden, part 1. Hemavan to Kvikkjokk.
-
It's late in the day and overcast as we disembark from our flight to the
tiny town of Hemavan.
We unwrap our rucsacs and pack the flight bags and a coup...
Breaking Free.
-
Life just seem to keep on turning………ying and yang, ups and downs, positive
and negative. The older one gets, the easier it is to understand and cope
with t...
msr night glow zipper pulls
-
A simple and effective tent upgrade that adds less than 3g* to the shelter.
They are easily installed by looping through the zip and back through the
loo...
7 comments:
Knipe Towers.
Shrouded in mystery??
The gates of hell?
On second thoughts, it could be wallpaper for a Goth's bedroom.
It is Mike's Knipe Towers front parlour.
Is it Time Team does Fred West's back garden?
(Sorry....)
Goole?
Ok, ta for the japes everybody - the truth is (wait for it...) the truth is that it's inscibed on the door of a commercial premises in the lovely village of Bowes at the Eastern end of Stainmore Pass on the beautiful A66.
An odd thing to draw on your door...
Goole ! Arf!
Post a Comment