This is a personal blog mainly to do with hillwalking things but with other stuff as well.....maybe the odd rant..
statcounter
Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Get Up and Go (To Buttermere
This is me off to Buttermere for some walking about, some eating, some drinking and some TGO 2013 route planning. I have maps, I have er... thingy and I have the will to implement it, whatever it is.
I am a retired NHS Personnel person. All I do nowadays is walk about.I used to have my pet dog Bruno with me, (in the front page pic). he was Superdawg but he died. Then my new dog Lucky The Dog who also died and now I have Ringo the daft Border Collie.
A Tolerable Life
-
I was listening to an episode* of the beebs magnificent ‘In Our Time’
recently, when one of the expert panel quoted this gem from William
Hamilton: “the wh...
A line in thread
-
Here is a post I pulled out of the drafts folder. The photo's I took at an
Art Exhibition at The Ropewalk on Saturday. Jane Walker is the artist. She
us...
Braeriach again, and back to the source
-
Absolute delight. I let out a wordless exclamation from the sheer joy of
the moment. It hadn’t started that way. Morning at Corrour Bothy was windy
and dre...
The Highs and Lows of Newton
-
The Highs and Lows of Newton. September 25th
Back to the coast after last Friday’s country walk from Blackhall.
Today’s outing starts from the village o...
Carnival season is here
-
When you think of Carnival you may conjure up images in your mind of
Notting Hill or perhaps Rio de Janeiro. Would you though think of Somerset?
fresh
-
Guess who got a ride to a Farmers Market last week! So happy.
I'm lucky in that I can get most of my groceries delivered from WalMart,
but one thing I r...
Thursday 4 June - Carn Mor (NJ 265 183; 804m)
-
*Start Point: *The Lecht Ski Centre car park
*Distance and Ascent: *13.3km, 420m
*Weather: *Sunny intervals with one (very cold!) shower
I'd thought that C...
Quencha MH500 walking boots.
-
*May 19th 2026.*
We have been in North Wales for 2 weeks and just like the rest of the UK
the weather has been unusually cold and wet for May. Must be t...
Can a camping pillow make you happy?
-
Time to swap that jacket stuffed dry bag for an actual camping pillow?
The post Can a camping pillow make you happy? first appeared on Fi Darby.
Beyond the Road:
-
*Recollections From a European Cycle Tour.*
*Part One: *
A week ago, I boarded the overnight ferry from Saint-Malo to Portsmouth.
This marked the...
Cateran Trail..what a gem
-
Day 1 Blairgowrie to Kirkmichael 24.5 km 523m ascent Day started dry but
with light rain coming in & staying for most of the day, so donned the
waterproofs...
2019 in Review
-
April 2019 saw us celebrating our Silver Wedding Anniversary, so we hired
a campervan to have an adventure in Scotland. We spent a lovely few days on
a wh...
Happy New Year 2019 / 20
-
Well hello from my local village green in between Christmas and New Year.
I'm still active on here although only just and wondering how many other
peopl...
Borrowdale
-
A few photos from a couple of days camping in Borrowdale. Many thanks to
Mike for all his help.
Over the last few months my Parkinson's condition has worsen...
Kungsleden, part 1. Hemavan to Kvikkjokk.
-
It's late in the day and overcast as we disembark from our flight to the
tiny town of Hemavan.
We unwrap our rucsacs and pack the flight bags and a coup...
Breaking Free.
-
Life just seem to keep on turning………ying and yang, ups and downs, positive
and negative. The older one gets, the easier it is to understand and cope
with t...
msr night glow zipper pulls
-
A simple and effective tent upgrade that adds less than 3g* to the shelter.
They are easily installed by looping through the zip and back through the
loo...
No comments:
Post a Comment