statcounter

Tuesday 30 September 2008

A short but enjoyable indulgence






I’ve taken Martin’s comments in the previous posting as good advice. So this one is a short(ish) but enjoyable indulgence. (enjoyable for me anyway) I’m in a positive mood as the car has passed it’s MOT (after having had £200+ thrown at it) and we’ve moved one step closer to having my mum’s two doodlecat-type cats rehomed (more dosh...) So, for the time being, they’re safe in a plush cattery run by a woman who seems to be obsessed by cats - always a good sign. And I’m on me hols in Wales from Saturday.

So here’s some less than serious underground pictures taken in leadmines at Nenthead. Such silliness…..

There likely be just one more posting this week and then there’ll be a two week interval. I’m just mentioning this so that you can organise something interesting to do whilst I’m away. I won’t be doing any mobile blogging due to technical difficulties (I haven’t got the kit and I’ve no idea what to do if I had….)

5 comments:

Martin Rye said...

I have tried that mobile blogging and failed many times to make it happen. I will try again and look out for more from you. Have a good time in Wales.

Phreerunner said...

Nice one Mike. I'll try to do a caving posting tomorrow, but it won't match yours for humour.
Mobile blogging was easy when it involved a phone upgrade and an extra £6 a month. I bet that if you really wanted to do it a visit to your phone provider's shop would work, but you'd leave with a lighter pocket!
Have a great holiday.
Martin

Mike Knipe said...

Thanks Martin(s) I expect I could manage the mobile blogging if I was willing to chuck a few quids at the issue.... maybe somebody would do a bit of tuition about what's required.... but at the moment, I'm saving my pennies for essentials. I do enjoy a small thimble of diluted tepid gripewater before turning in...

Alan Sloman said...

As a lad I used to enjoy "Nurse Harvey's Gripe Mixture"

Is it still available? Probably cheaper than lagavulin...

Mike Knipe said...

We should just blame our mums for the state of our livers, Alan

I seem to vaguely remember something called "dinnefords". Quite pleasant... with a bit of cheese.... and a dummy...and some cosy jim jams... Not a patch on Bunnahabhain, though....